About PSGVP Mandal
Historical background and growth of institution
Poojya Sane Guruji Vidya Prasarak Mandal, Shahada (Dist. Nandurbar) Maharashtra.
An organization dedicated to provide quality higher education in the rural and tribal area of the Shahada tehisil.
Established in the year 1969 [under public trust act 1950, Regi. No. E-180 Dhulia dated 29th Dece. 1969] under a very dynamic and able lqudership of our beloved founder president Late Shri. Annasaheb P.K.Patil with a very broad view to serving the scared cause of education in remote, tribal area of the Maharashtra state. Though the jurisdiction of the organization is the entire Maharashtra, it has concentrated on the shahada tehisil of Nandurbar district of Maharashtra state – our shahada tehisil is 450 kilometers away from the state capital Mumbai, adjoining the borders of Gujrath and M.P. to the north & east side respectively.
This area is mainly populated with economically and socially backward, poor farmers and the landlers tribals. To educate the young generation of such poor section of society, our organization has been conducting colleges of Arts, Science, Commerce, Engineering, Polytechnic, I.T.I., Pharmacy, Institute of Business Management & Research, Advance study Center of English and Indian languages and most important as for as needs of this area is concerned “College of Agriculture” are the units which organization conducts.
The colleges of organization offer Degree, Post Graduate Degree in various subjects and one can obtain degrees like B,A,, B.Com., B.Sc., M.A., M.Com., M.Sc., B.E., M.E., B.Ed., M.Ed., B.Pharm, M.Pharm, M.Phil, Ph.D., and B.Sc. (Agri.) Hons. Some students can obtain diploma certificates in Polytechnic, D.Pharm, D.Ed., & I.T.I. also.
At present organization owns a total land of 250 acres land provided for college buildings, workshops, Laboratories, Play Ground with Indoor stadium for all units have been constructed and all building and laboratories are well equipped. So for organization incurred Rs. 75 crores on its property. The Mandal honestly desires to offer higher quality education to the young generation & make it globally competent enough to face life in all difficulties, natural as well as manmade.
The most important characteristic of this organization is that the farmers of all communities of this area generously donate donation to this organization during marriage ceremony, Religions programme & vastushanti programme etc. according to their economic condition which is ranges from Rs. 2000 to Rs. 11,00,000/-. This is due to only kind appeal of our founder President Late Shri. Annasaheb P.K.Patil and the trust of farming communities on this organization and now this tradition is still continue in absence of founder President but in Presence of Present President Hon. Shri. Bapusaheb Dipak Purushottam Patil. This is the Unique characteristic of this organization found in India. Geographically this area is in between river surya kanya Tapti and Satpuda ranges typically known as Tapti Valley.
Similarly Agro climatically this area is classified under zone 4 and 5 i.e. transition zone of Maharashtra. This area belongs to 740 -31’E longitude and 210 – 34’ N latitude with 475’ high farm MSL. Maximum and minimum temperature ranges from 600 to 700 mm. i.e. assured rainfall zone. Soil is predominantly heavy black cotton soil to medium black soil. Generally in Kharif season soyabean, pulses, cotton, maize, papaya, banana and adsali sugarcane crops are grown and in rabi season wheat, gram, pre-seasonal and plant sugarcane and in some area summer ground nut, green grams etc are grown, As par as irrigation is concerned 30 per cent area is under irrigation and main source of irrigation water is bore well/tube wells and open wells.
Majority students enrolled in this College are from the socially and economically backward adivasi-tribal population as well as extremely poor families of farmers and landless peasants. For years together, not a single member of such families has been formally educated. The admitted students in this College, therefore, have several difficulties to comprehend multi-disciplines in the different faculties. As the majority students of the tribal families have absolutely zero academic background, to educate such students is a big challenge and the teaching faculty of the college has to confront it with all its might – intellectual, mental and physical.
To serve the noble cause of spreading higher education in the area of economically and socially backward population and where the adivasi, tribal inhabit in majority.
Aim & Objective
- True to the spirit of justice and equality of opportunity enriched in the constitution, PSGVP Mandal tries to encourage higher education among the weaker and socially handicapped section of the society.
- PSGVP Mandal offers the dynamic curricular with the flexibility to enable all young people to experience choice and diversity.
- PSGVP Mandal provides an environment where everyone fills safe and secure.
- SGVP Mandal work hard to develop the spiritual, moral, intellectual, physical and aesthetic powers of its students so that they may become good citizens useful to themselves and to their fellowmen.
- PSGVP Mandal committed for spiritual, academic, physical, social and emotional development of the students comes from tribal area.
Awards & Recognitions
- PSGVP Mandal’s ASC College has an honor of “College with Potential for Excellence” status by University Grants Commission, New Delhi from 2010.
- North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon has awarded our ASC College and Engineering college with ‘A’ Grade for the last three years.
- Student Welfare and National Service Scheme unit of North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon has awarded “Best Unit Award” to the NSS Unit of our ASC College.
- Our Mandal’s ASC College Magazine ‘CHETANA’ received Best Presentation, Best Research Article in Hindi (Ist prize) and Best Research Article in English (Ist and IInd prize) from North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
- Our College of Agriculture has recognition of Maharashtra council of agriculture and educational research, Pune and Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri.